Tea Break


I had the opportunity to watch one of my favorite 
cooking shows
with
Laura Calder
I am blessed to have a couple of her cookbooks,
but it is a Delight to watch her cook some of these
dishes and to inspire me to try them on my own!
One such recipe is her 



It looked perfect for an afternoon's tea
that I had to try it. So, I made them
and my daughter and I each had one.
They are so light and airy - not
very sweet at all. Perfect to 
me. Not so for my daughter.
So...I came up with an 
alternative dessert for 
our dinner - since my husband
and my daughter share similar tastes.


I decided to take the cookies, make a pudding 
and a fruit sauce and layer them in a trifle dish.
I took the remainder of the whipping cream and
topped the dessert!
I am sure this will be sweet enough for my
Dearest and daughter!


I combined blueberries, strawberry jam,
sugar, a squeeze of lemon and cinnamon
for the sauce.



The pudding I chose a stand-by 
pudding recipe



Thank you for stopping by! I hope you visit
and find how wonderful Laura's recipes are
and if you have the opportunity to watch
French Food at Home -
it is a very Delightsome show!