From The Simple To The Sublime







I cook everyday. I have, as you probably do, several fall back recipes and meal plans that I rely upon on a weekly basis – those things that I can cook without much thought or having to turn to my favorite cookbooks 
and my family enjoys.


One of the simplest entrees I regularly fix has only two ingredients, but my family always asks me – what did you do to this chicken – it is so good!



I place a boneless, skinless breast of chicken (one per person) in a baking dish and pour over Girard’s Champagne Salad Dressing. I cover the chicken and bake at 350 until done. At the very last I broil the top to give it some color. This chicken is very flavorful and moist. Simply done with rice and a salad this makes an enjoyable meal.
You can also use Balsamic Salad Dressing or Italian – any oil/vinegar based dressing. But, the Girard’s Champagne Salad Dressing imparts a wonderful flavor to the chicken.



I also love to bake from cakes and pies to muffins and breads. One of my favorite memories is from several years back when we lived in Columbus, Ohio. I would take my children downtown to the YMCA for swimming lessons. On our way we would pass a bakery. The aroma of the baking bread is a soul-stirring – satisfying fragrance.


the sponge

When I bake bread at home, I feel I impart a sense of warmth and comfort to my family as they come home, pause at the door and take in a deep breath – and say, “Is that bread you’re making”. This brings on a big smile to all faces.





Do you remember the commercials where the mother is in the kitchen and her family is waiting expectantly in the living room for her to appear with dessert. She makes Rice Krispy treats – splashes flour on her face and immerges appearing exhausted bearing a platter of the Rice Krispy treats to be greeted by their oohs and ahhs… I chuckle at that memory.
Is there a treat you fix your family that they are in awe of and you know is sublime but simple Рto me that is Cr̬me Brulee. It is a divine dessert, but so easy to make.



These are just a few of the things I love to cook for my family. 
Three recipes that are simple but definitely sublime.