Breakfast Bread

Every year, my family looks forward to our Christmas breakfast.
If I didn’t make this bread, I think I could very well disappoint them all!


Christmas Breakfast Bread


2 Rolls Frozen Bread Dough
1 lb. Sage Sausage
12 ounces Shredded Cheddar Cheese
6 eggs
1 egg for egg wash
1.   Follow the directions to defrost and to allow the bread dough to rise.
2.   Punch down the dough and press out the dough with your fingertips making a rectangle.
3.   Brown the sausage making the meat as finely ground as you can. Drain the fat
4.   Combine the browned sausage, cheddar cheese and eggs
5.   Spread ½ the mixture onto one of the rolled out bread dough
6.   Roll up the dough around the filling – jelly roll style. Pinch the edges and lay on a prepared baking sheet with Parchment paper with the seams on the bottom.


7.   Prepare egg wash by adding 1 ½ tablespoons water and whisking until completely yellow.
8.   Brush the top of the bread with the egg wash and bake in an oven set at 350 degrees until browned and sounds hollow when tapped.
9.   Serve warm – sliced.





I do appreciate you stopping by! I am sure you’re 
looking forward to time with your family as I am this Christmas.