Painted Cookies


and


Lavender Lemonade
This is one of the most fun things to do.
Paint sugar cookies.


Long before I began blogging, I followed several blogs.
One of these blogs was Once Upon a Plate. If you
are not familiar with Mari’s blog – you’re definitely
in for a treat! She is a talented cook and photographer.
I first discovered painted sugar cookies on her blog.


I have been looking for an opportunity to paint cookies – spring seems a good reason as any.


To paint the cookies I used this sugar cookie recipe
I allowed them to completely cool, then I applied a coating of Royal icing also allowing it to completely dry.
I used Wilton gel food coloring to paint the cookies.

You can add water and adjust the amount to give you lighter and darker colors.
I also used AmeriColor Gourmet Write edible pens.



I plan to take these with me to Bible study tonight
to go along with our coffee.


For you, I created this light-hearted tablescape and
prepared a pitcher of Lavender Lemonade


This is such a light, refreshing drink – you’ll love it!
Several years back, my husband and I were sponsors
Chaperoning children to a summer Christian camp.


I painted this birdhouse in the craft room that week and I thought it would add a cheery balance to the
birdcage. 


I chose pastel colored dishes, my Pink Lemonade tablecloth to act as backdrop to the
painted cookies.


There’s a place just for you and one for me!


I hope you enjoy the painted cookies and 
the Lavender lemonade –


Royal Icing:

1 cup powdered (confectioner's) sugar
1 egg white (or powdered egg whites)
3-4 drops lemon juice
food coloring








To make the icing:
Mix the sugar, egg white and lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth and creamy, it should have the consistency of heavy cream.